Thursday, February 8, 2007

According to this article there are a lot of good reasons to eat sunflower seeds, and there may be, but I’m just not a big fan. I don’t claim there’s anything wrong with them. In fact I like them well enough, but I do think you have to watch what the seeds are cooked in or roast them yourself. We already get too much omega-6 fatty acids in our diet, and sunflower seeds contain more I suppose, especially if they are cooked in sunflower oil. Plus, some that I bought awhile ago contain like 18g of fat per serving, so you can’t really eat a lot of them. Rather, I prefer foods like nuts and pumpkin seeds. Pistachios contain a lot of monounsaturated fats. I cook the pumpkin seeds myself in the microwave with some organic soy sauce. I love them.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments: