Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Reverse Diabetes? We’ve talked about this before. Now apparently Dr. Neal Barnard has written a book on reversing diabetes using a low fat vegan diet. Good for him. Diabetes is a horrible disease that robs people of many things, including time. Here is a link with more information. And here is a link with info on the vegan diet. If you go to Google and type in Reverse Diabetes (there’s a search box here on the right of this page) you can find more information on reversing diabetes, including this article. (BTW, all this is similar to Dr. Dean Ornish’s program for reversing heart disease, so what’s good for one thing is also good for another. Also I wouldn’t leave out its effect on cancer prevention. So that is at least three things that this program is good for.)

I would like to say a word or two: eating a vegan diet does not have to be a bad thing. I used to eat meat, fast food, whatever, but now I am vegan and I like it. Sometimes you have to use a little imagination, but there is a lot of good food out there that is vegan and that tastes good. Some people are afraid they are going to miss food that other people are eating, but I think that people who eat a typical American diet are missing the food that I eat. I eat a lot of really good, not too spicy Indian food. I eat a lot of hummus, nuts, fruit, vegetables, salads. I usually eat at Whole Foods once a week. Those on a typical American diet don’t usually eat what I eat, and they don’t know what they’re missing. Also, if you search Google for Vegan Recipe you can find a lot of stuff that tastes really good and that’s good for you. And I plan to add more vegan recipes to this blog eventually.


, , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2 comments:

Raggedy said...

I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!
Hugs

VV said...

I've been vegan for over 30 years, and I find there's a ridiculous abundance of vegan food. And it's pretty much all delicious.